HOW TO PREVENT A SEWER BACKUP?
Sewage backups may be caused by a variety of problems together with your plumbing system. Essentially, sewerage can be back up whenever wastewater is unable to pass through your pipes and sewer mainline.
Here’s a better look:
- The most typical cause of sewage backups
- How to understand once you’re doing with a sewage backup
- What to do when the sewage drain fails into your home
If you’re seeking with an emergency sewer problem and you need help now, call Toronto Plumbing Group at (416) 857-3930 for 24-hour emergency service at no extra charge!
We provide FREE estimates and 2-hour response time for sewerage backups and other sewer mainline emergencies.
5 ISSUES THAT UNREMARKABLE CAUSE SEWAGE BACKUPS
- Clogs: Anything from food to hair and small objects can create blockages in your pipes and sewer line. These clogs can slow down or stop the flow of wastewater through your sewage system, inflicting backups.
- Tree root infiltration: Tree roots can gravitate toward water and nutrients, as well as nutrients that run from drain lines. If there are any slight cracks in drain lines, tree roots will begin to grow through these cracks, gap them up and making a blockage that causes a backup.
- Broken or collapsed sewer lines: If a sewer line is totally cut off or collapses, wastewater is going to be unable to get whatever it needs to go. Some could begin to break out into the dirt, however, the bulk of it’ll keep within the line and build up again, inflicting a backup.
- Broken sewer lines: When sewer lines break due to age, dirt settling, tree roots, cold or any external damage, dirt, and rocks can enter the line, creating a blockage that can cause sewage to back up into your home.
- Issues with the municipal sewer system: When the city’s sewer line is unable to accept wastewater coming from your home’s drain line, backups may also happen. Usually, this occurs when municipal drainage systems are overwhelmed with runoff water after heavy rains.
How Do I Know If I Have a Sewer Line Backup?
If you see or smell sewage coming through any of the drains in your home, there is probably a sewage backup in your house. Other indications for sewage backup may include:
- Uprooting or groping drains or toilets
- Cracks in many drains, especially the lowest in your home
- Plumbing fixtures experience backup when a different fixture is used, such as sewage backups in your tub after flushing the toilet or when you use your shower.
- When you use water in other areas of your house, backup in your basement (or in the first-floor fixtures if you are not a basement)
Who’s Responsible for Fixing a Sewer Backup?
It depends on the exact cause of the backup. If your home has problems due to a municipal sewer line or system, the city may be responsible for covering the cost of repairs.
If there is a problem with your home’s sewer line, you will be responsible for the repairs.
It is important to point out that even if you are responsible for the repair:
- Your homeowner’s policy may cover damage and repair costs.
- If you are covered for this type of damage, you should review your policy and contact your insurance provider.
What Should I Do If I Have a Sewage Problem?
Contact Toronto Plumbing Group ASAP for emergency sewer line service.
Call (416) 857-3930 for emergency sewer line service and 2-hour response time. We never charge extra for round-the-clock service, and we always provide free estimates for sewer line service.
You can also contact us online for non-emergency/emergency sewer line service.
When it comes to sewer line problems, we have seen it all and fixed it! Our expertise can assure you that we will diagnose the problem correctly and efficiently and provide proper repair. Also, with TPG Plumbers, you can always expect:
- Upfront pricing
- First-class service
Top-quality solutions from experts who really care about restoring your plumbing and sewer system!
Toronto Plumber has been offering exceptional pipeline services in Toronto, Etobicoke, North York, Mississauga, Scarborough, Oakville, Thorn Hill, Vaughan and Brampton for more than two decades. This is why we are a top rated local plumbing company!
We invite you to experience our excellence for yourself, and we look forward to helping you with any of your plumbing needs!